Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Q & A with Kathy Mizera



·      What do you do from 9-5?
I am a substitute teacher in Gwinnett County and also a part-time consultant for newBrand Analytics, a company that provides social business intelligence software for service-based companies.
·      Where did you grow up?
I was born in Miami and grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, FL towards the end of the raging Spring Break years—but those are stories for another time!
·      Do you have any children, pets, or a spouse?
I’ve been married to my husband, Kevin, for 14 years this month. We met online while I was researching an article I was writing about hockey, and he volunteered to answer some questions for me. Five months later, we eloped! We have two kids, Nicholas, who will be 12 this month, and Maxwell, who is six.
·      How many years have you been in JLGNF for?  Have you been a member of any other Junior Leagues?
I just joined the League. I have never been in any others, but I was active on our school PTA for four years as a committee chair all four years, and also Vice President during the last two. I felt I was ready to branch out beyond our school and volunteer my time into the rest of the community and beyond. I think JLGNF will afford me just those types of opportunities!
·      What do you like to do in your free time?
I’m a big reader and scrapbooker. My husband and I both collect books and turned our formal living room into a library. I also have a home office that is filled with craft and scrapbook supplies, which is where I go to relax and get creative.
·      What is your dream career?
I’ve been a freelance writer most of my life, but my dream would be to be a novelist, spending all my time writing and promoting both my books, but reading in general.
·      What is your favorite JLGNF memory?
Since I just joined, I don’t really have much in the way of memories, although I have already met some great ladies that make me laugh!
·      Who is the JLGNF member you admire the most and why?
I’ve only been in the league for a couple of months, so I don’t really know anyone that well yet. I just have to say that, overall, I’m hugely impressed with the ladies I’ve spent time with, like Shannon Smith and Monica Thompson. They show an admirable dedication and work ethic that makes me happy I joined. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment