Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Q & A with Jenna Sobh

·      What do you do from 9-5?
I take care of my family and friends, the house and the dogs, answer emails regarding JLGNF and my daughter's class activities.  I volunteer in her classroom and for her classroom.  I chase around an almost two year old and try to figure out how to get dinner and the laundry finished.  I run or work out, to keep my sanity and feed my soul, and I go to the grocery store to feed our tummies.
·      Where did you grow up?
I grew up in South Bend, Indiana – Notre Dame territory!
·      Do you have any children, pets, or a spouse?
I have children – Sophia (7) and Whittier (almost 2), a Weimereiner, Bandit (13), frogs and a fish, and a husband, Danny.
·      How many years have you been in JLGNF for?  Have you been a member of any other Junior Leagues?
I have been in JLGNF for 4 years and prior to that I was a member of JL South Bend for 3 years.
·      What do you like to do in your free time?
Free time?  What free time?
·      What is your dream career?
I don't know...honestly, I would love to do something that involves children, I used to teach, but the public school systems are a mess; I would like to be an advocate of some kind for them.  I would also like to do some thing with nutrition and homeopathic remedies.  Sounds queer, but it is true!
·      What is your favorite JLGNF memory?
Is there such a thing?  They are all great, but I was very proud of our induction of the High Heels and High Times event my first year in JLGNF.  It was a great event, a great time and a great tradition to follow.
·      Who is the JLGNF member you admire the most and why?
There are 3, once called “The Brain Trust”.  Terri Butler, Jenny Horton, and Nancy Van Patten.  They were and are dedicated to the betterment of JLGNF, the women who are involved in the organization and the communities that we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment