Monday, January 11, 2016

Introducing our New Member Spotlight, Andrea Klockow

We're so happy to feature this outstanding New Member as part of our Member Spotlight Series! The New Member Spotlight is the second spotlight in our Member Spotlight Series. 

Andrea Klockow was nominated and selected as JLGNF's New Member Spotlight based on her volunteerism, enthusiasm and dedication to JLGNF and our Strong Girls, Bright Futures community impact focus. 
"Andrea is a shining star!  From the application process to today, she has put her whole heart into becoming a New Member!  She is very so thoughtful of others, engaged in the New Member program and is committed to the mission of our League!"  - Penny Sibley, 2015-2016 New Member Development Chair
About Andrea:
Current Placement:  JLU
Other volunteer organization involvement?  Memory Walk Committee Member for the Alzheimer's Association in Polk County, FL
Currently resides in?  Roswell, GA (moved from FL in May 2014)
JLGNF Member Since: September 2015
Current Profession:  Human Resources for FIS (Fidelity Information Services).  
Tell us about your family:  I am the only one in my family who was not born in Wisconsin, thus I have Packer and Badger football in my blood!  :)  My Mom and Dad live in the mountains of Blairsville where I love to spend time relaxing.  I have two daughters, well 4-legged daughters, who are basically my life!
Why did you join JLGNF?  I mainly wanted to get to know more people in my community as well as help out my local community.
What is your greatest life accomplishment (personally or professionally)?  I packed up everything I knew from Florida and moved to GA without looking back once!
What is your favorite activity or hobby?  Basically anything outdoors that involves being outside. I enjoy taking my dogs to the dog park, taking walks on the local trails, riding around in the warmer months with the top off of my jeep in the mountains. 
What about “Strong Girls, Bright Futures” resonates with you?  I was always the overweight kid that always got picked last when playing games in gym class.  I was always made fun of as a young girl so I know how hard it is for younger girls these days.  Even more so now than 20 years ago.  
What’s your favorite part of JLGNF?  Networking with like-minded women and meeting new friends
Tell us something unique about you:  I have a knack for renovating antique furniture.  I use power tools!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment