Sunday, May 10, 2015

Looking for a Mother's Day Dessert recipe?

Chocolate and cheese and cake! These are a few of my favorite things... But my most favorite person is my mother. A great way to celebrate the mothers in your life this Mother's Day is with the White Chocolate Cheesecake on p. 129 of At Your Service. It tastes delicious as is, but can easily be customized with a variety of toppings. I drizzle caramel sauce on it, and it is divine!

White Chocolate Cheesecake
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted 
2 cups Lorna Doone cookies, finely ground
1 ounce white chocolate, grated
32 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
Pinch of salt
4 eggs
3 ounces white chocolate, grated
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ounce white chocolate, shaved

For the crust, combine the butter, cookie crumbs, and 1 ounce white chocolate in a bowl. Press into a 10-inch springform pan.

For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the salt and mix well. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well at low speed after each addition. Stir in 3 ounces of white chocolate. Spoon into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes. 

For the topping, combine the sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well. Spread over the cheesecake. Return to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate immediately. Sprinkle with 1 ounce white chocolate before serving.

Serves 10

One of my all-time favorite "girls'-day" events is Hollydays, which is a holiday market put on by the Junior League back home in Baton Rouge. Every year I would go with my mom or sister and have a great time. I first became interested in Junior League back then but didn't join until I moved to Georgia and was looking for ways to make it feel like home. I joined JLGNF in the Fall of 2013 and have made some amazing friends and met women I truly admire.

- Courtney Clampit, 2014-2015 Active Member


No comments:

Post a Comment